As we look ahead towards uncertain times, the SIBC hopes to act as an additional resource for our members, communicating key information related to COVID-19 challenges, risks, and impacts.
In coordination with NAVSEA’s recently established Shipbuilding Industrial Base Task Force (SIB-TF) and key partners across the Navy Enterprise, we will add information as we learn the expected timelines associated with COVID-19 and communicate key major impacts to your businesses and the Navy’s operational readiness.
- DPC: COVID-19 Contingency Contracting resources related changes in contracts, taxes, pricing, and more
- Memo from the (acting) Principal Director of Defense Pricing and Contracting intended to communicate changes in progress payments to improve cash flow across the Shipbuilding Industry base enterprise
- Memo from the Undersecretary of Defense (Secretary Lord) identifying the Defense Industrial Base (DIB) as Critical Infrastructure Sector and need to maintain normal work schedules for your company and your supply chain
- Memo from COMNAVSEA (VADM Moore) providing overarching guidance to our prime contractor community that also supports our supplier base
- Memo on small- and medium-sized business/nonprofit relief in federal COVID-19 Stimulus Package (Rasky)
- Additional relevant COVID-19 resources from NDIA
These documents should support continued operations at facilities and exemption from state/regional mandates. We will share additional information on policies or relevant stimulus programs as we hear of them. If you are interested in directly engaging in the process, in the coming weeks/months SIB-TC will likely solicit for more detailed and specific strategic and tactical questions related to your supply chains, workforce, and material readiness.
Pennsylania Updates —
Secretary Lord has spoken with Governor Wolf to keep the DIB open. If your company requires an additional waiver, OSD has provided the following contact number: 866-466-3972.
On April 22, Governor Wolf released a process to reopen Pennsylvania.
On April 23, Senator Pat Toomey also proposed a framework for reopening the state’s economy:
Background on SIB-TF
NAVSEA recently chartered this task force to coordinate across programs and portfolios to identify critical challenges and provide aligned recommendations for necessary actions across our stakeholders and supply chains. While there is no precedent for the situation we currently find ourselves in, SIB-TF hopes to collaborate with industrial base suppliers to establish a proactive approach to understanding mission priorities, bounding problems, and communicating options and opportunities up the Navy chain.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the SIBC or the contacts below as we continue to learn COVID’s implications and impacts, and please continue to take care of yourselves and your workforce as a shared priority.
KEY SIB-TF POINTS OF CONTACT
Director of the Shipbuilding Industrial Base Task Force
NAVSEA, PEO SHIPS
Shipbuilding Industrial Base Task Force Deputy, Strategic Communications & Engagement
NAVSEA, PEO SHIPS
Team leader, Supply Chain Analytics
NAVSEA, Cost Engineering & Industrial Analysis Division